This policy outlines the background workings, intentions and integrity of this website.
- The aim of Nutrimote is to provide information, resources and opportunities for remote nutritional professionals (Registered Dietitians, Registered Nutritionists and other university-qualified Nutritionists).
- We endeavour to provide reliable, evidence-based and ethical information on Nutrimote.
- The images featured on this website are from copyright-free sources (unless stated otherwise) and photo credits are given where applicable.
Advertising, Product/Service Reviews & Partnerships
- All of the views represented on this website (and related social media pages) are those of the named authors. We will also screen all external content shared to ensure this fits with the overarching aims and ethos of this website.
- We will always disclose in a clear manner if we receive any samples, money or other incentives related to content shared and receiving these will not influence the opinions, topics or content provided by Nutrimote (as per the Internet Advertising Bureau: IAB guidelines).
- We will only ever review, advertise or feature products/services which we believe could be of interest and benefit to our followers. Mentioning a product doesn’t automatically imply endorsement or recommendation of this product. We will never make or support unjustifiable statements relating to particular products.
- As per ASA and IAB affiliate marketing guidelines we will always disclaim partnerships and will clearly state if there are any affiliate links included in content posted on this website. When affiliate links are included, this means that at no extra cost to you we will earn a commission for click-through purchases.
What Information May Be Collected and What This is Used For:
- If you choose to subscribe to Nutrimote’s mailing list, your email address is added to a secure list within our MailChimp account so that we can send updates information and offers to you. All subscribers to this email list are clearly informed about how their data will be used, stored, processed and tracked using the MailChimp service on our sign-up notice before choosing whether to opt-in or not. Subscriber’s email addresses are used for no other purposes than those outlined above, and they are free to opt-out at any time.Verifiable consent is obtained using a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant sign-up form which stores permission data in list export files (as advised by the MailChimp service). A double opt-in method is also used to ensure explicit consent is obtained for the subscription. All subscribers are free to change their information or opt-out from our mailing list at any time.
- Purchase any products from Nutrimote’s relevant information, such as contact or payment details, will be collected and handled securely.
Security and Where Your Information is Stored
- We are committed to ensuring that all personal information is secure. We will not distribute, sell or lease personal information to third parties unless we have explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. This includes prioritising internet security and the security of the electronic devices we use to process personal data. For example, a firewall is used on our computers, all electronic devices used are password protected and never left unlocked if unattended, and encryption methods are also used such as FileVault. Regular reviews of the security processes at Nutrimote occur.
- This website is secure and encrypted. For additional security and GDPR compliance, the IP addresses of those who visit this site are immediately anonymised before being shared with Google Analytics via this method. Nutrimote is hosted on Servers at Krystal.co.uk which is secure and GDPR compliant.
- Contact details of email subscribers are stored by the MailChimp service which is GDPR compliant. This information is kept until the individual unsubscribes or requests that we delete this information.
- Service providers used to store and process information related to carrying out dietetic services for clients all have robust security procedures in place and are GDPR compliant. These service providers include: Cloud Storage Services and email hosting via Krystal.
- Any contact we receive on social media is also handled securely and confidentially in line with the GDPR. We will delete any social media messages upon request from the individual concerned, and all contact will be deleted within one year following our last correspondence.
Controlling Your Personal Information
- We will not distribute, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request details of personal information which Dietetically Speaking holds about you, request to have your information updated or withdraw consent and request to have your information deleted.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me as soon as possible, and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Subscribers to our mailing list can also update your information using the ‘update your preferences’ button provided on each email which is sent, or by contacting MailChimp. All contact made via this email subscription list are also provided with an opt out facility (the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the end of all emails).
- Maeve Hanan is the data controller at Nutrimote, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or requests related to the handling of personal data.
- This site contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Nutrimote does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- We endeavour to answer all genuine messages and comments which we receive, response times will depend on capacity.
- We do not respond to: offensive, attacking or irrelevant comments/messages, or to comments/messages with no connection to nutrition/dietetics (which may be deleted).
- If we are contacted in relation to a topic which falls outside of our scope of practice, we will be upfront about this and may signpost to another professional who has expertise in that specific area.
- Where appropriate, we may continue a conversation via email or private message rather than on a social media platform.
This page was last updated in March 2020